25 October 2008

7 Days Until NaNoWriMo - on 14th century epics

So I'm quite sure World Without End is the best choice for my November reading. It would certainly take me until the start of December to finish it under normal circumstances; while the month is ruled by noveling, however, it will be the perfect distraction. At 1,000 pages, World poses no risk of me, the reader, getting caught up and finding myself determined to finish it in one sitting (re: The Hunger Games). Similarly, its chapters and subsections run about a dozen (looong) pages, so it's the perfect break from whatever activity in which one is previously engaged.

So yeah. That's my justification for dedicating my November to an epic of historical fiction.

If you're actually seeking an update on my NaNo preparation, rest assured that I am finding ample time to plan and scheme the contents of what is becoming a piece of mainstream fiction. (I categorize thus because I will be pulling from several different genres, and I feel rather unoriginal even in these early stages of planning.)

Happy trails!