30 October 2008

2 Days Until NaNoWriMo - a magnificent obsession

Give me one pure and holy passion;
Give me one magnificent obsession;
Give me one glorious ambition for my life:
To know and follow hard after You.

To know and follow hard after You;
To grow as your disciple in Your truth.
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing You, my Lord.
Lead me on and I will run after You;
Lead me on and I will run after You.

We sang this song in church last night and it hit me hard. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I think my call to write (not just participate in NaNoWriMo) is straight from God. Every day, it becomes more clear.

I need to stop trying to work every little theme and character in my NaNovel and realize that I can spend my whole life writing books as long as God keeps giving me that joy. There's no end in sight, really. December won't be the end, nor will be college. A calling is a calling. There's no escape from this, even if I was looking for it. And I'm glad.

No comments: