21 October 2008

11 Days Until NaNoWriMo - lament of my own inferiority

I just finished reading Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games. All day I have been quite unable to put it down. I devoured that book. The characters, the structure -- all of its combined elements kept my fingers glued to the cover, flipping the pages, poring over every word.

I'm pretty much afraid I will never be able to meet such a standard if I were to write a YA novel. (I'm especially thankful for the balance of action and dialogue after reading the Inheritance Cycle.) So, here I must lament my own inferiority, and realize that I'm going to have to really persevere through November and get all the practice I can.

In the meantime, I'll just allow myself to gleefully mourn the fact that this is going to be yet another series that, as more installments are released, will rule my life.

No comments: