27 October 2008

5 Days Until NaNoWriMo - goodbye pre-November blues!

Last night (or, rather, early this morning) I finished a seven-page chapter outline of my NaNovel. This sounds like a lot, but it was mostly just a compilation of several pages of miscellaneous handwritten notes that I'd amassed in the past few weeks. Mostly I've been using my theology class to brainstorm and generally flesh out my story. I'm a little overeager to name the project because it's starting to seem so real!

Today I wore my NaNoWriMo '08 shirt for the first time to celebrate my early-morning, 2,700 word accomplishment (yeah yeah, I know my outline doesn't go toward my 50k total word count!). Anyway, it just made me feel good. (:

Oh, and I also just listened to this song by the Avett Brothers called "Denouncing November Blue (Uneasy Writer)." What a crazy coincidence of a song title, right?! The lyrics don't really have much to do with my current situation, but it was still pretty fun.

No comments: