29 October 2008

3 Days Until NaNoWriMo - the perks of theology

I'm upstairs in my school's computer lab wasting a few minutes before my theology class. Basically, theology is going to be my saving grace (ha, ha) three times weekly during November. It's not that theology is boring -- really! Rather, it goes completely over my head and swoops around, bypassing me again, several times each class. I sit on the front row but I still can take nothing in.

How will this help me in my NaNoveling experience? Well, it's simple. I've been using the past few weeks to brainstorm. It's gone very well so far, and I don't intend to let Friday be my last chance to make use of my theology class -- no, sir! I'll be utilizing the 50-minute segment each and every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in November to expand on my so-far unnamed project of literary abandon. Hallelujah.

EDIT: I think I was smote (smited?) for posting this before theology. When I showed up in class this afternoon, I took my usual front row seat and brought out my outline to mark up during the lecture. Before the professor began, however, he called me up to the front of class and used me as part of his metaphoric illustration.

His illustration had nothing to do with the distracted manner with which I sat in on his class, but was based strictly on my front-row position. Thanks, God, for your sense of humor. My hand was shaking so badly when I finally got back to my seat that I had a hard time writing in my usual tiny cursive between the lines of my outline.

No comments: