11 May 2009

I love the place; the magnificent books; I require books as I require air.

Last week, as I was packing all my things to come home from college, my mom was appalled by how many books I had accumulated all year. Books, packaged up in cardboard moving boxes, are incredibly heavy and bulky, but I can't imagine having gone all year without those books at school with me.

The problem is, I'd spent way too much money on books throughout the duration of the school term. So I've resolved to not buy a single book this summer. That's how you find me at the public library, where I am now -- I'm going to check out a library book for the first time in years. I missed this place.

4 comments:

DAniel said...

The library is great, I went back as well and found out I had to pay for an overdue fine. Oh well. Maybe the kindle will get cheaper, then who needs books!

Anonymous said...

I need to do that. I do have a rule, though, that I can't buy any more until I read all of the ones I have. Hopefully, that will slow my book-buying down.

The Crazy Authoress said...

Oh no, you just brought The Fates upon yourself. May your resolve stay strong throughout the whole summer.

sarah said...

i started working at a book store during uni... they would let us take all the new books home to read so we would know what we were talking about... i never read so many books. i miss it. sigh.