19 December 2008

Making a push at chance and sufferance...

I've been going to sleep -- and waking up -- uncharacteristically late these past few days. I'm so bored here at home, but I feel guilty for wasting so much of my day sleeping.

However, sleeping late gives cause for really freaky dreams (at least, in my case). I've been hoping for a really great, revelatory dream, giving me fuel (err, plot) to write, but instead, I'm haunted by these downright weird experiences in which I get lost in NYC's Bryant Park or, in like this morning's dreams, get expelled from school. And, in my dream, since I no longer had school to fill my days, I was forced to return home and wallow in my failure and boredom. I couldn't even remember why I got expelled, a story I'm sure which would have been fun to bring back to the world of the conscious.

The whole point of me retelling this particular dream is that, while I was engrossed in self-pity, my dream-self was inclined to blog about the whole ordeal. Ha. I'm such a nerd, even in sleep.

No comments: