13 December 2008

So again goodnight. ...This bad begins and worse remains behind.

I haven't really touched my novel since the end of November. I don't really feel guilty about this, or like I've abandoned a project I'm really quite proud of. I've emailed it to a friend, and I plan to email the file to the rest of my closest friends tomorrow. (I don't know why I don't just do it now. I guess I'm just too lazy.)

The thing is, I knew I'd have to take a step back. I knew I was going to be exhausted, but I didn't anticipate leaving my story unfinished for nearly two weeks. The fact is, if would just sit down and do it, I could tie up the first installment of my novel (because my story is much more intricate and epic than 50,000 words) in one sitting. One long, painful, and back-breaking sitting, but one sitting nonetheless. I just need to do it.

I wonder if there's a procrastination gene I inherited? It's completely possible, right? Right?!

No comments: