01 September 2009

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.

It's been so long since I blogged. This is my third week back at Liberty for the fall semester of my junior year, and I can already tell it's going to be one of the most challenging semesters of my undergrad career. I'm taking:
  • Theology 202 at 7:40 a.m. Enough said.
  • Western Civilizations, taught by one of the most intimidatingly intelligent history professors I've ever encountered.
  • Philosophy 201. One of our textbooks concerns the philosophy behind The Matrix trilogy. Enough said.
  • Biology... I would argue "enough said" here, but honestly, my professor is so enthusiastic and really such a great teacher that I'm not really dwelling on the fact that it's a science class.
  • World literature -- which is actually the reason I'm blogging now. I have to keep a blog for this class and write a post for each reading assignment we have. Check it out here.
I was thinking I'd have more to say, but that's really enough to bother you with in one blog post. I'm counting down the days until NaNoWriMo begins (60!!!) and trying to keep my head above water. I applied, interviewed, and successfully wrangled a job as a cashier at the Lowe's Hardware Store in town and, in the short term, I picked up my copy of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins today and intend to read until my world lit class starts in four hours. =)

Live long and prosper, dear blog readers. <3

1 comment:

blog4jc said...

Hey Ashley!!
Wow full load! Im excited that your blogging again!!! I really liked the title about the carved angel and you diggin him out, very clever!


Katelyn